The Eero system is popular for its dependable provision of wireless service, but it can also experience a No Light problem sometimes.
This problem can be a result of different factors and it is important to solve it.
In this article, we will explain what is the purpose of Eero LED light and what to do if it stops working.
So, let’s get started.
The Purpose of the Eero’s LED Light
Yes, Eero devices are designed to light up. The LED status light in the front of your Eero is a means of communication.
This light serves as a direct and visible indication that your network is alive and healthy.
Solid White Light
A bright white light indicates that things are okay with your Eero gateway. You are connected to the network without any problems, you also have internet on.
This is a red LED alarm. The light flashing red means that your Eero device no longer has an internet connection, or that your Internet service is down. The connection has to be restored immediately.
Causes of the Eero No Light Issue
It is necessary to grasp the reason for an error before going into a solution for it in order not to encounter similar events in the future.
Let’s take a look at the causes of the Eero No Light Issue:
Power Supply Issues
One of the most prevalent causes for Eero’s no light is a complication with the device’s power source.
This can also result from a bad AC adaptor, ineffective sockets, or insufficient power input.
Disabled LED Status
Sometimes the LED status light can be disabled in the Eero’s settings, and therefore there would be no visible lights while the Eero functions properly.
Internet Connection Disruption
A red LED light, which might sometimes appear as no light due to dimness, indicates that your Eero doesn’t have an internet connection, or your internet service is experiencing downtime.
Solutions to the Eero No Light Issue
It is crucial to understand why there is no light on the Eero device in order to do successful troubleshooting.
These are some of the solutions you can follow to ensure that your Eero system restarts and starts working again normally for your Wi-Fi-enabled gadgets.
Let’s take a look:
Checking the Power Source
Make sure the Eero has been connected to an active power socket with the help of a suitable adapter. This can be done if doubtful by plugging in some other electrical appliances into that socket to test it.
The substitution of a new power adapter is essential if it is suspected to have become faulty.
Power Cycling the Eero Device
Power cycle your Eero device and see if that helps. Here’s how you can do it:
- First, take enough time unplugging the backside power cable that connects to your Eero hardware. The process should be done while the device is already switched on, which makes the system realize what actually causes the interruption in terms of it starting all over again.
- When disconnecting the device or any other wireless adapter, you should give this an appropriate amount of time of around thirty seconds.
- Then connect the power cable of Eero after thirty seconds. Make sure that the cable is properly connected, and be sure that power is flowing well.
- As you switch on the device, note the behavior of the LED light as it starts up.
- After the Eero system restarts completely, make sure that the ‘No light’ issue mentioned above, as well as any other previously noticed problems, have been eliminated.
This simple measure can often resolve several issues, including the no-light problem.
Checking Internet Connection
If the Eero LED is red, it’s important to check that your gateway Eero is connected directly to your modem and that your internet service is active.
You can try rebooting your modem by unplugging it, waiting for 30 seconds, and plugging it back in.
Enabling LED Status Light
If the LED light has been disabled, you can re-enable it from the Eero settings through the Eero app.
Navigate to the settings, find the LED status option, and ensure it’s turned on.
Contacting Eero Support
If none of the above solutions work, it’s best to contact Eero support for assistance.
There might be a hardware issue with the Eero device, requiring professional intervention.
How to Manage the Light Settings?
Eero gives users control over the LED light, acknowledging that some users might prefer to disable it, especially at night.
- Open the Eero App.
- Tap on the Home tab.
- Select the Online bubble to view active Eeros on the network.
- Choose the specific Eero device for which you want to adjust the LED light.
- Here, you’ll find options to turn the LED light on or off according to your preference.
In conclusion, the Eero’s LED light serves not just as an indicator of system health, but also as a crucial diagnostic tool in the event of network issues. The ‘No Light’ issue, while concerning, can often be resolved through simple troubleshooting steps such as checking the power supply, ensuring the LED light is enabled, or resetting the device.
Understanding the causes behind this issue is instrumental in both its resolution and prevention. However, if standard troubleshooting proves ineffective, reaching out to Eero support ensures you receive expert assistance.