Almost everyone has a thermostat at their house today. This would help in maintaining the required temperatures while conserving on power use.
The use of Z-Wave Thermostats has become popular with the prevalence of smart homes. If you’re like me, then you’ll love a Z-Wave Thermostat because of its capability to connect with other smart devices from Z-Wave.
But which Z-Wave thermostat is best for you?
Well, if you’re clueless then I’m here to help you out.
In this article, we will take a look at the 7 Best Z-Wave thermostats on the market.
What is a Z-Wave Thermostat?
The thermostats are controlled using Z-Wave technology which monitors temperatures in your house.
However, other z-wave thermostats can still work in conjunction with their respective z-wave devices to promote automation and control.
For instance, you can program it, such that it switches off before leaving for work and comes back up just as you reach home and get in through your door.
7 Best Z-Wave Thermostats: My Personal Review
Having transformed my home into a smart living space, I’ve spent a lot of time testing various Z-Wave thermostats.
Here’s my in-depth take on the top 7 Z-Wave thermostats:
GoControl Z-Wave Thermostat:
While using the GoControl Z-Wave Thermostat, I could not help but admire its sophisticated scheduling function.
This made it easy for me to make plans for my weekly temperature setting and schedule that lasted for the next seven days.
It was simple to set up, and the thermostat always kept the required temperature.
Although it worked well, its screen was not that clear when it came about in the sunlight.
- Allow you to set the desired temperature for a week at a time.
- Easy to set up.
- Keeps the temperature steady.
- The screen could be brighter.
Stelpro KI STZW402WB+:
I gave the Stelpro KI STZW402WB+ a try, and it was great for homes with electric baseboard heat like mine.
The device ensured that my house was warm enough at all times. This is what makes it special among other brands. But, I think it could look a bit more modern.
- This thermostat comes as one of the best choices in case you have electric heaters at the bottom of your walls.
- The hot water boiler keeps the house always warm and pleasant.
- Most thermostats do not have this unique line-voltage application.
- The equipment does wonders but can be made to look more stylish to suit today’s homes.
2Gig CT100 Z-Wave Programmable Thermostat:
I found the 2Gig CT100 incredibly easy to use largely because it is easy to program. I could easily customize the temperature settings of my house, and it readily integrated into my Z-Wave system.
I had one problem with the manual. It was not informative enough for beginners.
- Setting it up is straightforward.
- It is compatible with other Z-wave products.
- Manual could’ve been easy.
Trane Z-Wave Thermostat:
This Trane Z-Wave Thermostat actually worked quite well. It was very rare for me to change any setting as it always kept the required temperature.
It performed excellently although it was pretty expensive considering its dependability; nonetheless, it deserved the money.
- The system was not interrupted and always operated normally.
- Doesn’t need adjustments.
- It’s a bit expensive.
The fact that it’s energy efficient and comes fitted with smart features captured my attention. My life was a great deal easier as a result.
The design appealed to me as well since it gave a hint of a contemporary feel to my house. However, as a companion app, I think it was not that good.
- It has such attributes which make it economical in as far as electricity bill reduction.
- It is easy to link with other smart equipment.
- The design is modern and sleek.
- The mobile app could be a bit more user-friendly
Nest Learning Thermostat:
The Nest Learning Thermostat was like having a personal assistant. Within a week, it learned my daily routines and adjusted the temperature settings to match my preferences.
Its stylish design was a bonus, but there was a slight learning curve initially. Once past that, it was smooth sailing.
- It learns your routine quickly and works accordingly.
- Has a stylish design
- You have to learn it properly before using it.
Honeywell Lyric T5:
The Honeywell Lyric T5 was a mix of efficiency and user-friendliness.
It offers smart alerts which I found very helpful since I stayed updated with what was going on. Also, its seamless integration with other devices makes it a valuable addition to my smart home setup
The display, though functional, could have been a bit larger for easier readability.
- It works really well and doesn’t waste energy.
- It’s easy to use, and the smart alerts are super helpful.
- It can connect with other smart devices in the house.
- The screen could be a bit bigger for easier viewing.